Cornelius J. Vold built a wood frame building at this location in the early 1880s. In 1947, this building was torn down. Franklin and Margaret Booth built the present brick building in 1958, which can hold two businesses.
Not much is known about what Abner and Warren Nash had at this location. The father and son had a pool hall at a couple of different locations in downtown Story City in the 1920s & 1930s, so it is not known exactly when the pool hall was here.