530 Broad St
Shape Divider - Style tilt
A portion of the original wood frame building located on the SW corner of Broad Street and Pennsylvania Ave can be seen at the far right in the above photo. Chris Nelson's dry goods store was located in the east half of the building and Citizens Bank in the west half. This photo was taken prior to 1898. John Swan, president of Citizens Bank built the brick building that still stands today in 1900-1901. Swan also built an opera hall upstairs. After John Swan declared bankruptcy in 1912, the opera hall was split up into multiple rooms.